This year, Free Shipping Day will be held on Friday, December 18th. Free Shipping Day is the last day that online retailers can offer free shipping and guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve (December 24th). This year Christmas falls on a Friday so you definitely don’t want to leave your shopping for the last minute.
Because I know that you likely ended up reading this post because you want information about free shipping, below I’ve gathered together a list of retailers I know are offering free shipping now without a spending minimum, good to know if you want to get a jump start on Free Shipping Day shopping.
*Note: Post contains affiliate links
RETAILERS OFFERS FREE SHIPPING IN 2015
- Signed up for Amazon Prime? Be sure to take advantage of the two-day free shipping. Tip: If you happen to live near an Amazon distribution location, you’ll likely get your items faster. Recently, I placed an Amazon Prime order and received my package the same day because Amazon has a warehouse about 25 miles from where I live in New Jersey.
- American Eagle (including aerie, etc.)
- Bed Bath & Beyond has Free Shipping on Select Items. Click through to see which ones.
- buybuy BABY has free shipping on certain items for babies and toddlers.
- Free Shipping at Christopher & Banks with code:1515FS
- Free shipping and free returns on all Clarks USA brands.
- Online purchases of Cross Pens: Get Free Shipping, No Minimum with Code HOLIDAYCHEER. Expires 12/31.
- New Customers at Easton.com, the softball and baseball retailer, can get 15% OFF their entire order + FREE SHIPPING with coupon code: FIR5.
- Easy Spirit shoes–Enjoy Free Shipping on All Orders.
- Free Shipping On All Orders at FreePeople.com.
- Have someone on your list who wants a Roomba? Well there’s free shipping on All Robot Orders at iRobot.com.
- Kay Jewelers through Kay.com.
- Kmart, which also offers ship to store, has free shipping on qualifying orders
- L.L. Bean always offers free shipping.
- Buying someone a new iPhone or Smartphone? You must get them an Otterbox, too! This company offers free express shipping.
- Free shipping on certain purchases from PBTeen.
- Shop RoomsToGo.com and enjoy free shipping on accessories.
- FREE Shipping both ways at SOLSTICEsunglasses.com.
- For members of Zappos.com’s VIP Club, everyday is free shipping day.
One final free shipping tip: you can always do the ship-to-store option, which doubles as free shipping. I’m not sure if this will get you your purchases faster but you definitely won’t pay for shipping. Some of the stores offering shipping to stores for pickup include Nordstrom, Sears and Guitar Center.
6 TIPS FOR MAKING THE MOST OF FREE SHIPPING DAY
If you decide to hold off shopping so you can take advantage of Free Shipping Day this year, keep the following 6 tips in mind so you can make the most of this free shipping holiday.
1. Some Deals Are Activated from the Site Only
While plenty of stores may piggy back on Free Shipping Day, some deals may require link activation or coupon codes that you get right on the Free Shipping Day website.
2. Do Your Homework First
If you have favorite brands or websites where you like to shop–or even shopping apps–do your homework directly with these brands or sites so you can compare any free shipping deals that they are offering and how they compare to the ones on the free shipping day site.
3. Use Social Media
You know that following your favorite brands on social media is how you often hear about one-day deals or limited-quantity coupons. So in advance of the holiday season, definitely “Like” or “Follow” those brands on your favorite social media sites.
4. Educate Yourself on Return Policies
It is hugely disappointing to spend time and energy getting great deals when you shop, only to have an unfair return policy ruin everything. But that’s your fault for not doing your due diligence and educating yourself on a store’s return policy before buying. Because Free Shipping Day is for a limited time only, you may want to shop the big retailers that let you return or exchange items at your local store. This will help you avoid paying expensive return shipping fees.
5. Get Cash Back Whenever Possible
I prefer to start all of my online shopping at Ebates.com, where I earn cash back on the purchases I was going to make anyway. I’m sure that around the same time as Free Shipping Day that Ebates will have competitive cash back offers. But you likely can’t double dip–go through Ebates and get the deals through the Free Shipping Day website. So compare and make sure you’re saving the most before clicking “Purchase.” Also, if cash back through Ebates isn’t possible, make sure you’re using a credit card that gives you cash back in your wallet–in the form of cold hard cash, free gift cards or some other financial incentive.
6. Ship Directly to the Recipient
Save the schlep and have your purchases shipping directly to the recipients. This is a great option if you’re traveling over the holidays. With the latest TSA rules, you can’t bring wrapped gifts with you anyway so you’ll have to wrap them on the other end when you get their. Have the stores ship (and gift wrap) them for you for the convenience.