Last Minute Gift Ideas
Are you a last minute gift shopper? Well, you’re almost out of time for getting presents in time for the holidays. But you’re not out of luck.
There are plenty of ways that you can get a last minute gift or gifts and get them under the tree or into a stocking by Christmas Eve. How?
Three Ways to Secure Last Minute Gifts
- Give experience gifts.
- Buy from stores that let you buy online and pick up in store.
- Send a gift card by email or print out to give in person
For the procrastinating gift buyer, these two options provide all the conveniences of online shopping, even if you’re time challenged. Plus, with the first option, you don’t have to wait for shipping or wrap a box or anything. Just print out the confirmation and tuck it in a card or stocking. Or have it delivered to the gift recipient’s email in box.
With the second option, you won’t have to wait for the item to be shipped to you. Just choose a store that’s convenient for you to swing by after work this week. And voila, last-minute gifts purchased. Now all you have to do is the wrapping.
Here I’ve highlighted some last minute gift ideas. These are great ideas for both experience gifts and gifts that you can buy online and pick up in store today.
Experience Gift Ideas
Sometimes people don’t want the gift of stuff. They want the gift of an experience. Here are a handful of last minute gift ideas that fit the bill as an experience gift. This is based on my recent article on five experience gifts to give right now.
DNA Testing Kits
Having your or your pet’s DNA tested is all the rage. One year my husband got me the Wisdom Panel dog DNA kit, and it was an awesome gift!
Meal Kit Delivery Services
Starting last year we tried three companies that allowed us to make fresh meals conveniently and affordably. They are HelloFresh, Sun Basket and Peapod. Yes, Peapod, the grocery delivery service now offers meal kits. I’m not suggesting you give someone Peapod for the holidays.
However, I am suggesting you consider one of the other two meal kit services. For example, if you sign someone up now for HelloFresh, you can save $40 on their first two deliveries.
Sun Basket is offering savings, too. Save $35 when you order your first Sun Basket meal kit.
You can save money on SpaFinder gift cards. A gift card that can be emailed to the recipient is the ultimate last minute gift solution.You can get 10% off gift card purchases of $50 or more right now!
Online Styling Clothing Companies
One of the most popular blog posts this year is my review of online styling clothing companies Trunk Club, Stitch Fix and Dia&Co. Two of the three services I review are offering gift cards for the holidays, a great way to set someone up for a subscription.
- Stitch Fix Gift Card – All Types
- Give the gift of a dream wardrobe and a personal stylist with a Dia & Co gift card!
Last Minute Gift of Entertainment
A great option for a movie junkie is Fandango, the movie ticket company. If you’re looking for a gift for a movie lover, I think a Fandango gift card is a great idea. Right now when you buy Fandango movie theater gift cards, you’ll get a $2 towards a movie or TV show. So you get a gift for someone else and receive one for yourself. Sweet.
Another way to save on entertainment? With an Amazon Prime Gift Membership. This is something you can definitely send via email. In addition, Amazon Prime has some entertainment-specific options you can sign up for. These include books, movies, music and premium TV channels. Here are nine options:
- Start Your Free Trial of CBS All Access with Prime Video Channels
- Prime Members Get a Free Trial of Britbox with Prime Video Channels
- Check out Your Free Trial of HBO with Prime Video Channels
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial
- Audible Romance Free Trial Gets You the Best Romance Novels
- Prime Members Start Your Free Trial of Showtime with Prime Video Channels
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Join Amazon Prime Music with a 30-day Free Trial
- When You Join Amazon Prime, You Can Watch Thousands of Movies & TV Shows Anytime
Shop Online, Pick Up in Store Last Minute Gift Ideas
Buying online and picking up in store has become a hugely popular way to combine two shopping conveniences. That is, being able to place an order when it is convenient for you, and then visiting a store to get the item when it is convenient for you.
Also, when you shop online and pick up in store, you do this for free. In other words, you won’t pay any shipping fees. I know that when I shop online, I see this offer at stores ranging from Walmart to Staples.
I’ve even taken advantage of these options myself. For example, you know I like to make extra money in my Poshmark side hustle. Last year I treated myself to a dress form mannequin that I could use for styling clothing and taking pictures for my Poshmark listings. I bought that mannequin online from Pier 1 Imports and then an hour later drove to the store to pick it up. Super easy. And I didn’t have to stand in line at the cash register to pay.
Where to Shop Online Pick Up in Store
- PETCO: 15% off when you Buy Online and Pick Up in Store
- Bed Bath and Beyond let’s you shop online and pick up in store, too.
- Kirkland’s Home. Not to be confused with the Kirkland brand at Costco, this is a home furnishings store on par with HomeGoods.
- Office Depot and OfficeMax
- Shop the PC Richard Official Site. Buy Online and Pick Up in Store Today!
- Pottery Barn will have your online order ready for pick up in store in about three hours this holiday season.
- Order today and get your last-minute Target run done with in-store pickup.
- Need it today? Buy online at Home Depot and pick up in store the same day.
Send an E-Gift Card
When in doubt you can always go with the gift card. If you don’t have time to get to the store to buy a gift card, buy one online. And I’ll do you one better. Buy a gift card that you can print out and give to someone in person. Or you can choose to have an e-gift card emailed to your recipient. My mom has done this many years in a row with SpaFinder gift cards for my birthday or the holidays.
Stitch Fix also has this option. There are Stitch Fix Gift Card – All Types that you can buy and print out or send via email at the last minute. Great for procrastinators who love clothes.