As you likely know I have a new column on freebies, frugality and money-saving topics over on Parade.com. This week I wrote a piece on 5 ways to save money cooling your house this summer. Three of those five tips have to do with how to cool your home without air conditioning. In addition, I review the Dyson Hot + Cold, a fan and space heater that legitimately worked to cool without my ever turning on the a/c.
I’ve written a number of stories over the years on how to save money cooling your home. Here’s a round up of some of those pieces:
- Which works better? Window air conditioning unit vs. central a/c.
- How to prep your home for summer energy usage without running up your energy bill.
- 9 free and low-cost ways to save on energy in summer.
- How to keep cool on a budget.
- Pros and cons of raising and lowering the thermostat.
Hopefully, these stories will give you good information on how you can cool your home without air conditioning–if a/c isn’t an option or not in your budget–or at least give you ideas on how to save money staying cool this summer.