With Presidents Day sales this month, you may be wondering what to buy in February.
I can help.
I’ve scoured news sites and advertisements to pull together the best things to buy this month.
I’m talking about items that are likely at their best prices all year.
What to buy in February
I’ve already covered some great deals in February in the past.
That is, if you want to shop after Valentine’s Day sales, this is a great time to stock up on anything heart-shaped or chocolate.
Speaking of chocolate, here are America’s favorite Valentine’s Day candy.
So mark February 15th as the day to hit the stores.
However, there are a number of other items that are traditionally marked down for February sales.
I’ll go through them one at a time.
February mattress sales
Believe it or not, Presidents’ Day, a legit federal holiday, is traditionally when you’ll find great prices on mattresses.
This comes on the heels of those “white” sales in January.
So, you can stock up on bedding in January and then take advantage of mattress sales in February to buy a new bed.
Here are some deals I’ve found for February 2023.
Raymour & Flanigan mattress sales
With this sale, which runs February 9-20, 2023, you can save on the following:
- Up to $600 on Stearns & Foster Adjustable sets
- As much as $400 on Beautyrest Black and Purple mattresses
- Up to $1,000 on Aireloom mattress sets
Also, you can and score free next-day mattress delivery on purchases of $500 and more.
In addition, you can save up to 30% on the Raymour & Flanigan website on living room, dining and bedroom furniture.
The latter savings would be perfect if you’re buying a new mattress, right?
Raymour & Flanigan Presidents Day Mattress Sale
Savings on mattress toppers
Sleepyhead has two coupon codes for its mattress toppers. They are:
- SLEEPPARTNER15 – 15% off
- SLEEPVIBES60 – $60 off
Look for appliance sales
There are three holiday weekends throughout the years when stores tend to offer deals on appliances. They are:
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Presidents Day
Presidents Day sales
With President’s Day right around the corner, I’ve outlined some appliance deals you can find this year.
Keep in mind I’m talking about bigger appliances, like stoves and refrigerators, as well as countertop appliances.
KitchenAid: Through 2/18, get up to $70 off select KitchenAid standing mixers.
Macy’s: Through 2/14, take 40% off select small appliances.
Presidents Day Sales on Appliances
What to buy during February sales tax holidays
We normally associated state sales tax holidays with back to school shopping.
However, two states have tax-free shopping days in February.
Here are the dates for each states sales tax holiday in February 2023.
Alabama February Sales Tax Holiday
This sales tax free weekend in Alabama happens on the last full weekend in February. In 2023 that’s Friday, February 24 to Sunday, February 26.
It’s called the Severe Weather Preparedness tax holiday. That’s when the state offers this incentive for residents to stock up on hurricane preparedness products.
Now would be a great time for Alabama residents to shop for things like generators, batteries, flashlights and the like.
Maryland February Sales Tax Holiday
Maryland’s February sales tax holiday focuses on energy-saving purchases. So, things like Energy Star products.
It occurs from 12:01 a.m. on the Saturday immediately preceding the third Monday in February until 11:59 p.m. on the third Monday of February.
That’s a complicated way of saying that in 2023, this February sales tax holiday is February 18-20, 2023.
Check out savings on Energy Star items at Amazon.
Costco February sales
I love shopping at Costco. And February is a great time to see what Costco has deals on.
For example, with Super Bowl Sunday coming up, you should find sales on televisions.
Also, expect markdowns on all of the fixings for a Super Bowl party.
In addition, I recently learned that because we eat so much guacamole while watching the big game, you’ll find great prices on avocados this month. Who knew?
Not yet a Costco member? Check out the membership deal below.
Costco Membership Deal
Join Costco today and enroll in auto renewal to get a Costco Shop Card!
- Join as a new Executive Member and enroll in auto renewal to receive a $20 Digital Costco Shop Card
- Or, join as a new Gold Star Member and enroll in auto renewal to receive a $10 Digital Costco Shop Card
Terms and Conditions
- Valid for NEW MEMBERS ONLY or for members whose memberships have been expired for more than 18 months.
- *To receive a Digital Costco Shop Card, you must provide a valid email address and set up auto-renewal of your Costco membership on a Visa® card at the time of sign-up.
- If you elect not to provide a valid email address and sign up for auto-renewal, a Digital Costco Shop Card will not be emailed.
- Valid only for nonmembers for their first year of membership. Not valid for renewal or upgrade of an existing membership.
- To qualify as a new member, a Costco membership must be expired at least 18 months or more.
- Limit one promotion/incentive per household.
- Promotion is non-transferable and may not be combined with any other promotion.
- Digital Costco Shop Card is not redeemable for cash, except as required by law.
- New members will receive their Digital Costco Shop Card by email within 2 weeks of sign-up.
- Costco is not liable for incentives not received due to entry of an invalid address during sign-up.
- Digital Costco Shop Cards are not accepted at Gas Stations, Car Washes or Food Court Kiosk.
- Use the provided single-use Promo Code when entering your payment information.
- A Costco membership is $60 a year.
- An Executive Membership is an additional $60 upgrade fee a year.
- Each membership includes one free Household Card.
- May be subject to sales tax.
- Costco accepts all Visa cards, as well as cash, checks, debit/ATM cards, EBT and Costco Shop Cards.
- Departments and product selection may vary.